Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Useless

This is the original post.

Since becoming a father, I've discovered that one of the most useless inventions ever is little tiny baby socks. At first, when you think about it, it makes sense. Babies have a hard time regulating their body temperature and little tiny socks would help keep those little tiny feet warm. Great idea, let's start production now! But the truth of the matter is, that they don't stay on worth beans. Babies are always wiggling. They stick their little legs out and then pull them back in like a frog. Stick legs out, pull legs back in. Out, in. If you do this enough times in a short period, the socks have worked their way off. Every time you turn around, the baby's feet are bare again. It's much easier to just put them in little pajama suits that have the feet built in. Then you don't have to be replacing socks every five minutes.

Because I'm cool,

Dan

5 comments:

burkitos said...

So much for the on line translation technique. It is truly useless.

But about the socks, I think you are right about just putting the babies in coveralls. The socks fall off and get lost. But they are cute!

I am a mother! said...

To me buttons are also useless (well maybe not completely useless but SO ANNOYING especially when the babe is kicking and screaming). I'm all about zippers.

Also toddler shoes with shoelaces?! Who came up with that? Velcro is much better!!

Carterista said...

Plus, they easily lost among all the bigger clothes in the laundry...

Carterista said...

I added a link to your blog from mine so I can remember to check in with you more often!

becca said...

Dan, I think at this point in my life I can honestly say that you are the funniest person. writer I have ever known. You have the ability to make me hurt from laughing so hard even though you are a couple hundred miles away. I love having that kind of funniness in my brother!
I love you!