Monday, November 20, 2006

Vacación

My worst family vacation ever. I honestly can't think of what our worst family vacation was. I was a little kid for most of them and any emotions I'd attached to the vacations has long since been lost.

There is one that sticks in my mind though. It definitely wasn't the worst. In fact I really enjoyed it. When I was 13 or 14, I went with my Dad to Washington D.C. I hadn't been there since I was a little kid and I didn't remember much. We visited all the sites, walked a ton, and had a lot of fun. The most interesting part of the vacation was the fact that instead of staying in a regular hotel or motel, we stayed at the International Youth Hostel.

For those of you who don't know what a hostel is, it's like a hotel, except you don't get a room to yourself, it's more like a dorm. I'll just say right now that my Dad and I weren't the strangest people there.

Maybe my family can remember worse family vacations, if any of them are reading this, it might make a good e-mail conversation topic. Maybe I'll relay the best stories for the rest of the world to read here. That would be fun.

The preacher said, "richer or poorer",

Dan

No comments: