Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cassete Tapes

I recently found a shoe box filled with my old audiocassette tapes. Since I drive an older car, I've taken the opportunity to listen to them while driving to and from work and school.
I listened to a tape my older sister sent me as I was serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She talked about how it's easy to fall into this "microscopic" view of life. We're only concerned with here and now. We tend to miss the big picture. Why are weI here? What is our purpose? Where are we going?
It really came at an opportune time because I've been worried and a little depressed about big changes that are coming in my near future and what I'm going to do about it. I'm glad I got that reminder to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.
We all have a much greater eternal potential, we just have to be convinced of it, and be humble enough to accept the truth.
Thanks for the reminder Melissa.

The bigger I laugh, the harder I cry,

Dan

No comments: